Rumor after rumor is circulating about the next-generation iPhone 14 series that is expected to come out this fall. Apple is set to announce its iPhone 14 series in late September or early October, which will ditch the notch and use even faster hardware, at least on the Pro models. So, what have we heard so far? So, what have we heard so far?
The fall and rise of new device categories (including the new iPhone Max), design changes including a punch-hole cut out to replace the famous notch, faster hardware, but also more expensive! This is all coming to you in September 2022.
Apple iPhone 14 Release date
As recent rumors claim, Apple will most likely unveil and release the iPhone 14 series on September 13, 2022. As a result of Apple’s usual timeframes and sticking to them year after year, it tends to announce its new phones on the first or second Tuesday of September and releases them roughly ten days later, always on the last Friday of September.
|Device family||Announcement date||Release date|
|Apple iPhone XS-series||September 12, 2018||September 21, 2018|
|Apple iPhone 11-series||September 10, 2019||September 20, 2019|
|Apple iPhone 12-series||October 13, 2020||October 23, 2020|
|Apple iPhone 13-series||September 14, 2021||September 24, 2021|
|Apple iPhone 14-series
|September 6 / September 13, 2022*
|September 16 / September 23, 2022*
In general, Apple’s keynote unveiling of the new iPhones begins at 10 am Pacific Time (6 pm GMT) at the Apple Park headquarters in Cupertino, with Apple CEO Tim Cook and other key executives on stage. Like WWDC’22, we anticipate iPhone 14 announcements to be virtual events. The following is a reference schedule of iPhone releases from 2018 onwards, including the iPhone 14, along with its anticipated launch date:
IPhone 14 Price:
The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max are expected to have higher prices than their predecessors, according to recent rumors. Price increases are anticipated due to several factors, including more expensive components and displays in particular, as well as a general increase in supply costs.
There are reports that Apple is thinking about raising prices outside the United States.
There is a strong possibility that the iPhone 14 Pro Max could see a big price hike if a rumored massive camera revamp comes to pass. Our predictions are that prices will not spike astronomically for the rest of the models, and if this happens, it would likely hit the Pro models hardest.
IPhone 14 Name:
Four devices are likely to be released by Apple in 2022, including a doomed Apple iPhone mini lineup. Below is the rumored iPhone 14 lineup:
- Apple iPhone 14 6.1″ – the next generation of the iPhone family after the iPhone 11, 12, and 13
- Releases! With a 6.7-inch screen and dual cameras, the iPhone 14 Max combines the features of the iPhone 14 and adds a larger battery
- 1 inches is the right size for the triple-camera iPhone 14 Pro, with all the bells and whistles of a standard iPhone 14
- With the 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max, you’ll enjoy premium features and better battery life.
Apple iPhone 14 Camera:
Ming-Chi Kuo, an Apple insider famed for his expertise on the iPhone, claims that Apple will upgrade the iPhone 14’s camera. A 1/1.3-inch 48MP sensor is a new and much larger sensor Apple plans to include in the main camera. iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max are expected to feature this sensor.
In subsequent iPhones, the ultra-wide and telephoto cameras are likely to benefit from the improved camera tech along with the main wide-angle camera is the main camera. The Pro models will always have an advantage over the standard models. Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at BYD, believes the 2H22 iPhone may support both direct 48MP output and 12MP (four-cell merge output) output simultaneously. Sony looks set to supply these new sensors, while LG will be responsible for producing the camera modules for the iPhone 14. It looks like Sony will supply these sensors, while LG will be responsible for producing the camera modules for the iPhone 14.
- Furthermore, the main camera should theoretically be able to record 8K video with the new sensor. IPhones are currently only capable of capturing videos in 4K at 60 frames per second. However, insiders have said that 8K might not arrive this year.
- Although Apple’s camera improvements are impressive, they are likely to result in increased costs for end-users. Therefore, we probably shouldn’t expect a sharp price hike across the entire range until the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max gets the new and improved camera tech.
- Apple is expected to introduce an auto-focusing front camera with all four iPhone 14 models. With the front camera of all prior iPhone models being fixed-focus, this would be a welcome improvement as it would allow for more depth of field when taking selfies and making video calls. An f/1.9 aperture will replace the f/2.2 aperture of the original front camera, which should let in more light than before. The resolution is not specified.
Apple iPhone 14 Design:
Who will be the designers of the iPhone 14? It’s likely that the iPhone 14 series will look mostly the same as the iPhone 13 series, so we don’t expect too many major changes to the overall design. There is an “I”-shaped horizontal hole punch cutout in place of the notch on the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
A recent leak shows that all-new iPhone 14 models will have slimmer margins around the screen. In the iPhone 12 generation, this bezel minimization took off, was even more prevalent in the iPhone 13 generation, and seems to be making a comeback with the iPhone 14. The iPhone 14 has also made its way to the molds in April, confirming that there will be four iPhone 14 models this time around and no ‘mini’.
The iPhone 14 is expected to debut in a range of conservative colors with a matte finish for the Pro series, and a glossy finish for the non-Pro model. There will be 5 to 6 different color options for the iPhone 14 and 14 Max:
- Sky Blue
It has been about half a year since Apple introduced an additional color way for the iPhone 12; this one could be a darker shade similar to that.
Colors rumored for the iPhone 14 Pro:
Graphite, Silver, Gold, and Purple, the three classic colors for the Pro models, are again available, with the new Purple color as the fourth option. Despite the addition of green to Apple’s iPhone 13 line, no mention is made of a green iPhone 14. The colors of the iPhone 14 are explained in detail here. The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max dimensions have been revealed in a series of tweets by Max Weinbach.
Apple iPhone 14 Display:
For now, we expect that the 120Hz option will only be available on Pro models, while the more affordable non-Pro models will have 60Hz displays. According to our observations with the iPhone 13, this is what we are seeing. According to reports, the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max may sport always-on displays that display important information constantly. The Apple Watch currently supports this feature, so it makes sense for Apple to add it to the iPhone soon. Such functionality would be possible with LTPO OLED displays.
Additionally, multiple lines of code in iOS 16 point to an always-on display to appear in the iPhone 14, so it is almost certain that this feature will arrive this fall. The rumor has it that the always-on elements on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max will be the customizable widgets displayed on top of the iOS 16 lock screen.
As for the iPhone 14 series’ display sizes and features, here are what they will be:
- The iPhone 14 features a 6.1″ screen with a 60Hz slim notch
- The iPhone 14 Max has a 6.7-inch ‘slim’ notch display with 60Hz synchronization
- With a 6.1″ i-shaped punch-hole display, the iPhone 14 Pro features a 120Hz display refresh rate and an Always-on Display
- I-shaped punch-hole display with 120Hz on the 6.89″ iPhone 14 Pro Max – Always On