Android users know that they can change the background of their keyboard. The keyboards can be managed by going to Settings > Languages & input > Virtual keyboard > Manage keyboards. Your device’s keyboards can be viewed here. You can adjust the settings for any keyboard by tapping it. The keyboard’s theme, sound, vibration, and so on, can be changed. What if I told you that you can also set the background of your keyboard to an image of your choice? The answer is yes, you can do so quite easily. We are going to discuss how to add an image to your Android keyboard’s background in this post. Emojis, stickers, and other kinds of rich content are often used to communicate between users. We make it very easy to add images to our Android Keyboard. There are many images you can choose from.
A background image for your keyboard can be added using two methods:
- GO Keyboard, TouchPal, etc. are examples of third-party keyboard apps. With these apps, the keyboard’s background can be customized with an image.
- Another method would be to use an app launcher such as Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, etc. Furthermore, you can set an image as the background of your keyboard using these apps.
Using a Third-Party Keyboard App:
You can set an image as the background of quite a few keyboard apps that are available in the Google Play Store. I would like to use GO Keyboard as our example. Other keyboard apps are available as well.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install GO Keyboard.
- Open the app once it has been installed and choose the ‘Enable in Settings’
- After you have been prompted for permissions, tap the ‘Allow’ button.
- The following screen will appear: ‘Language & input’. From the list of keyboard apps, select ‘GO Keyboard’ from the ‘Default’ option.
- You can now tap on the ‘Done’ button after selecting Go Keyboard as the default keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option when you open GO Keyboard.
- Select a theme from the dropdown menu.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap the ‘+’ button.
- By selecting an image and selecting the ‘Apply’ button you can change the keyboard’s background.
- It’s that simple! Your background image is now set as the keyboard’s background.
Using a Launcher App:
You can also add an image as the background of your keyboard if you don’t want to use a third-party keyboard app. Nova Launcher will be used for this guide. Any other launcher app you choose can be used too.
- To begin, download Nova Launcher from the Google Play Store.
- Install the app and, when the permissions screen appears, tap on the “Accept” button.
- On the next page, you will find Nova Launcher’s settings. Click ‘Nova Settings’.
- Next, choose ‘Look and feel’.
- Next, select the Nova Launcher theme from the ‘Icon theme’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Apply’ button after selecting the theme.
- Choose ‘Home screen’ from the menu.
- You will then need to select the ‘5*5 grid’ option on the ‘Icon layout’ window
- Then tap on the ‘Apply’ button after selecting the grid.
- Now select the widgets and apps drawers’ option.
- Choose the Transparent option under the ‘Background’ tab next.
- Select the background you want, then tap ‘Apply’.
- Click on ‘Dock’ now.
- Next, select the ‘Transparent’ option under the ‘Background’
- Select the background you wish to apply and then tap the ‘Apply’ button.
- Press long on an empty area of the home screen now.
- Choose ‘Edit’ from the menu.
- Select the ‘Nova Action’ widget from the ‘Widget’ option.
- To make the image the keyboard’s background, select it and tap the “Apply” button.
- You’re done! The background image of your keyboard has been successfully added.
Best Way to Set the Background image for the Google keyboard on android
Changing the background of your Android keyboard is one way to add a personal touch to your device. You can also do this to make your device look more interesting, and you can also find your keyboard more easily in the dark. We’ll introduce you to set a customized keyboard wallpaper in this tutorial.
- On your Android device, head to Google Keyboard. At the bottom of the screen, tap “Theme”.
- Then select “Custom” at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, select an image by clicking “Select Image”. Your device’s gallery will appear, and you can select an image from it.
- Tap on the “Done” button after choosing the image you want to use as your keyboard background.
- This will set the image as your keyboard background.
These are both very simple and straightforward methods. You should give them a try. Please share any other methods you may know in the comment section below.