Instagram now has a new feature called ‘Reels’ that is being launched in 50 countries worldwide by Facebook. If you’re one of the many people who have been using TikTok for inspiration lately, you might wonder how you can make your Instagram feed look less like everyone else’s.
Here are a Few Tips
- Use filters sparingly
Too many filters can make your photos and videos look dated and unoriginal.
- Stick to a theme
Whether it’s black and white photos or videos with a certain color scheme, having a consistent aesthetic will make your feed stand out.
- Be creative with your captions
Instead of just writing a brief description of the photo or video, try to be witty or tell a story. This will engage your followers and make them want to come back for more.
- Use hashtags sparingly
Hashtags are great for getting your photos and videos seen by more people, but using too many can be off-putting. Stick to 1-2 hashtags per photo or video and make sure they ‘apply to the content.
TikTok copying Instagram catches Instagram's attention
Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner posted a story on Monday entitled “Redo Instagram Instagram.”. Not trying to be cute, just looking for cute pictures.”
Instagram feeds have been filled with more reels and posts have been less engaging over the past week. As a result of Instagram’s algorithm changes, the suggested video feeds are no longer just showing you posts from the accounts you follow. In a video posted Tuesday, Instagram head Adam Mosseri talked about recent changes to the user interface.
By changing your feed view so that you only see the accounts you want to see, you can opt out of Instagram’s new design options as it develops.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Your phone should be open to Instagram.
- Click the “Instagram” icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- If you follow a particular account, you can see the content from that account when you click “Following”.
Further streamlining can be accomplished by creating a list of “Favorite” accounts you want to keep track of.
- You can view content from your favorites by clicking on “Favorites”.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on the menu icon to change your “Favorites” list.
- Click on “Add” when you have located the account you wish to mark as “Favorite.”
- You will now see a feed with accounts you have selected as “Favorites.” A star will appear in the upper right-hand corner of these accounts if you have selected them as favorites.
- Click the menu button that appears like three dots on the upper right-hand corner of an article to remove it from “Favorites.”
- To remove a favorite, click “Take away.”
That is it!