Hashtags are a key part of any strategiesor marketing on Instagram. They can help you to increase the number of people who see your posts and would like to know more about your brand or products. But with incorrect usage of hashtags, you could Actually damage be done, from Prospective followers being annoyed Instagram’s algorithm may penalize you. To use hashtags effectively on Instagram, Think think developing a strategy that works for them, and understand how they work. Here’s everything you need to know about using hashtags on Instagram.
What are Instagram Hashtags?
- Instagram hashtags are keywords that you add to your posts, which make them more discoverable by other users.
- When you add a hashtag to your post, it becomes clickable and searchable.
- Other users can then view, click here hashtag to see all the Related posts using that same hashtag.
- You can use up to 30 hashtags on each of your Instagram posts.
How do Instagram hashtags work?
Instagram hashtags work by making your content more discoverable to other users. When you add a hashtag to your post, it becomes clickable and searchable. Other users can then to view, click here hashtag to see all the related posts used that same hashtag. This makes it easier for them to find content that interests them, and also helps you to reach a wider audience.
Why should you use Instagram Hashtags?
There are several reasons you should use Instagram hashtags trending.
- Firstly, they help you to reach a wider audience. With the use of relevant and popular hashtags, then your content is more likely to be seen by users who are interested in that topic. This can help you to get more likes, comments, and followers.
- Second, using Instagram hashtags copy and paste can help you to boost your engagement rates. Engagement is one of the key factors that Instagram’s algorithm looks at when deciding which posts to show in users’ feeds. So, if you can get more people interacting with your content, then your posts are more likely to be seen by a wider audience.
- Thirdly, Instagram hashtags for followers can help you to build relationships with other users and brands. If you use relevant hashtags, then you’re more likely to connect with other users who are interested in the same thing. This can lead to valuable relationships that can benefit your business.
- Finally, using hashtags can help you to track your performance on Instagram. If you use unique hashtags for each of your posts, then you can track which ones perform the best. This information can be useful for planning future content and strategies.
Top Instagram hashtags for 2022
Now that you know the basics of how Instagram hashtags work, let’s look at some top hashtags that you can use.
Here are some of the most popular Instagram hashtags:
These hashtags used on any kind of post, and are general enough that they will apply to a wide range of users. If you want to reach a wider audience, then using these kinds of hashtags is a good place to start.
Instagram hashtag types
There are several popular Instagram hashtags you can use to boost your reach and engagement.
Here are some of the most popular types of hashtags:
- Trending hashtags: These are the best Instagram hashtags for likes that are currently popular on Instagram. You can find trending hashtags by looking at the “explore” page or using a hashtag tracking tool.
- Niche hashtags: These are specific hashtags that are relevant to your niche or industry. For example, if you’re a fashion brand, you might use hashtags like #fashionista or #ootd (outfit of the day).
- Brand hashtags: These are hashtags that are specific to your brand. For example, if you’re a clothing brand, you might use a hashtag like #brandnameclothing.
- Location hashtags: These are hashtags that are specific to a certain location. For example, if you’re posting a photo from New York, you might use a hashtag like #nyc or #newyorkcity.
- Event hashtags: These are hashtags that are specific to a certain event. For example, if you’re attending a conference, you might use a hashtag like #eventname.
How many hashtags to use on Instagram?
- The number of hashtags you use on Instagram will depend on your goals and your audience.
- If you’re just starting out, then it’s a good idea to use around 10-20 hashtags per post.
- This will help you to reach a wider audience without annoying potential followers.
- If you have a large and engaged following, then you can use up to 30 hashtags per post.
- But be careful not to go overboard – using too many hashtags can actually have a negative impact on your engagement rates.
How to find the right Instagram hashtags?
As a result, several ways that you can find the right Instagram hashtags for your business.
- The first step is to research your audience and find out what hashtags they are already using.
- You can do this by looking at the posts of other users in your target market, and also by using hashtag research tools like
- Once you’ve found some relevant hashtags, it’s important to check how popular they are.
- If a hashtag is too popular, then your content is likely to get lost in the sea of other posts. But if a hashtag is not popular enough, then it’s unlikely For your convenience to reach a wider audience.
- A good rule of thumb is to use hashtags that have between 1,000 and 1 million posts.
- Use it as well a mix of popular and niche hashtags to reach a wider audience while still connecting with potential customers.
How to make your Instagram comments hashtag-free
- You may continually write your captions, but do not include hashtags.
- Leaving a comment is as simple as clicking a speech bubble icon can be found below the post once it has been published.
- Tap Post after you have written or pasted the hashtags you want to use.
- Unless a user taps View all comments, hashtags won’t be visible on mobile. If you’re targeting a mobile audience, this trick works better because your comment will remain in the top position on desktop.
Keeping Instagram hashtags out of captions
- Hashtags can also be used within captions without appearing overly visible.
- Once you have finished writing your caption, press Return or Enter. Tap 123 to bring up the Return or enter button if you don’t see one.
- Put a punctuation mark in the blank (try a period, bullet, or dash), then hit Return again.
- Three times is the minimum number of times you should repeat steps 2 to 4.
- Unless your followers tap more, Instagram hides captions after three lines. If you include hashtags, the copy won’t be distracted by the hashtags, as they’ll be visually separated.